Clean and well-maintained carburetor boost up the performance of the leaf blower. But keeping your carburetor clean and sexy is always a tough task. So, today we’re giving you as easy to follow guide on how to clean carburetor on leaf blower. So you can do it at home without any mess.
A carburetor is a device that mixes air and fuel in the proper air-fuel proportion for the spark ignition and the internal combustion process in the engine. For the better functioning of the carburetor, it is necessary to keep it clean and well maintained along with the machine.
Poor maintenance restricts the carburetor and then it affects the engine starting by clogging and blocking the flow and the vessels.
Let’s head to the stepwise detailed process including 3 easy steps for how to clean carburetor on leaf blower at home.
Table of Contents
3 Easy Steps For How to Clean Carburetor on Leaf Blower
Step 1: How To Clean Carburetor on Leaf Blower
– Remove the carburetor from the leaf blower
Start the cleaning process by locating and removing the carburetor in the leaf blower. You can remove the carburetor by following these easy steps:
- Drain the fuel in the pan or tub to empty the fuel tank.
- Disconnect the spark plug connection to prevent any harm.
- Unscrew the air filter cover carefully.
- Carefully remove the carburetor by loosing the screws.
- Disengage the air-box from the carburetor throttle and choke levers.
- Eliminate the fuel lines for the complete removal of the carburetor.
- Make sure to remember the removal process for the reinstallation process.
Step 2: How To Clean Carburetor on Leaf Blower
– Clean the carburetor
After the complete removal of the carburetor, our next step is to make it clean properly for effective functioning and improved performance. You can clean up the carburetor according to the instructions given below:
- Carefully remember all the steps for easy reassemble.
- Next, carefully pull the carburetor off by dismounting it from the engine while protecting the engine gasket.
- Clean the dust, dirt, or debris by using compressed air, soft bristle brush, and carburetor cleaner solvent for easy and quick cleaning.
- Remove screws from the cover plate carefully by keeping the gasket or metal housing safe.
- Clean the entire plate repeating the cleaning process with brush and carburetor cleaner.
- Reinstall the cover plate after its complete cleaning.
- Remove the carburetor base for easy access to the fuel filter.
- Clean the fuel filter by using carburetor cleaning spray for dust and brush for the clogged dirt.
- You can use the tube applicator to blow out the carburetor housings.
- You can also clean the housings directly spraying through the fuel connecting tubes.
- Using compressed air, blow out the extra solvent and rest of the residual from the carburetor ports to ensure the complete cleaning.
- Use compressed air to dry out all the ports, housings, and the entire carburetor.
- Reassemble the carburetor by following the disassembly process in reverse.
Step 3: How To Clean Carburetor on Leaf Blower
– Reinstall the carburetor in the engine
Finally, this is the stage of reinstallation when you had done the complete cleaning process of the carburetor. Reinstall the carburetor by following the mentioned steps:
- Reconnect the fuel lines to the carburetor correctly.
- Set the carburetor right back into the air-box by performing reverse tracking.
- Install the carburetor by adequately mounting the screws at the specific location on the engine.
- Reconnect the spark plug wire for spark ignition.
Important instructions – How to Clean The Carburetor on Leaf Blower
- Clean the air filter by checking the flow of the air through it during the carburetor cleaning process.
- Ensure the proper protection of eyes and skin to prevent any harm from the solvents.
- Clean and replace the air and fuel filters as required.
- Refill the engine with the clean, new, and fresh oil after the cleaning process.
- Make sure before reinstallation that there is no leakage and blocking in the fuel lines and the primer bulb.
Cleaning and proper maintenance make the equipment efficient, effective, and productive. Make sure the cleaning of the carburetor to make your leaf blower reliable and long-lasting.
We hope this article will help you in understanding and attempting the cleaning, tuning, repairing, and maintenance process. By following these simple, easy, and affordable stepwise process, you can easily be able to clean and repair the carburetor at home by saving your money.